Parents know their child best. This worksheet helps parents introduce important information to their child’s new teacher.
School Readiness Library
These books can help prepare your child for school:
- The Bus for Us by Suzanne Bloom
- Franklin Goes to School by Paulette Bourgeois
- Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come by Nancy Carlson
- Will I Have a Friend? by Miriam Cohen
- Tiptoe Into Kindergarten by Jacqueline Rogers
- Wembley Worried by Kevin Henkes
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Welcome to Kindergarten by Anne Rockwell
- Off To Kindergarten by Tony Johnston
- The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
- Kindergarten Rocks! by Katie Davis
- Countdown to Kindergarten by Allison McGhee
- Going to School by Anne Civardi
- The Berenstain Bears Go to School by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- Little Critter: First Day of School by Mercer Mayer
Lenawee Great Start has partnered with the Lenawee Cradle to Career initiative to develop activity cards that offer enjoyable, affordable, and easy ways to help your child prepare for kindergarten. We have gathered information from the Brigance Screener, a measurement tool used across the county to determine Kindergarten readiness, as well as from parents, caregivers and educators that attended our School Readiness work group.
If you need more ideas and activities to help prepare your child for Kindergarten, check out our FREE Activity Cards on Pinterest. We have an “On the Go” Set and an “At Home” Set. By doing just a couple of these activities a day with your child, you are helping to make sure that he/she is getting a Great Start and will be prepared for kindergarten.
Developed by educational researchers, Ready4K is an evidence-based text messaging program for parents of children from birth to 3rd grade, provided at no cost. Each week, you will receive fun facts and easy tips to boost your child’s learning. Ready4K activities build on the things that you already do with your child -- like getting your child dressed, meal time, and bath time -- to make boosting your child’s learning fast, fun, and easy. The research behind Ready4K shows that receiving fun facts and easy tips can significantly increase children’s learning. You can sign up for these free texts at https://ready4k.parentpowered.com/sign-up-parents.html