Join us during the month of May as we try to reach our goal of collecting 15,000 diapers for those in need in Lenawee County.
Every year over 500 babies in Lenawee County are born into families living below the poverty level. These families struggle to provide their babies with a basic essential – diapers. There is very little help or public resources for this basic need. Programs such as W.I.C. and food stamps do not cover the cost of diapers.
Lenawee Great Start Collaborative & Parent Network will be hosting our 6th annual county wide diaper drive from May 1st to May 31th 2018. Our goal is to collect 15,000 diapers for the babies of Lenawee County.
Why is it so important to help families with their need for diapers?
• Diapers can cost up to $75.00 a month per child.
• Babies kept in dirty diapers for extended periods of time may suffer not just physically but emotionally.
• The majority of licensed day care center require a full day’s supply of disposable (not cloth) diapers and most laundromats do not allow cloth diapers for sanitary reasons.
• Our local food pantries receive very few diaper donations during the year and many times are not able to supply families with diapers.
We would like your help to make sure infants and toddlers in Lenawee County are not going without one of their most basic necessities and there are several ways your organization can help:
1. Organize a diaper drive within your office/church/organization. We will provide donation boxes and promotional materials for your Diaper Drive. We will also coordinate for pick up of the diapers at your location during the drive. Please see attached for a list of ideas for a fun and successful diaper drive.
2. Offer your business/church as a community donation site. We will provide donation boxes for the diapers, promotional materials as well as coordinating pick up of the diapers from your location.
3. Give a monetary donation that will be used to purchase diapers. Checks can be made payable to Lenawee Great Start and sent to 2946 Sutton Rd. Adrian, MI 49221.
Please contact us at 517-266-4821 with questions or to discuss your organizations Diaper Drive. The Lenawee Great Start Collaborative is committed to improving the lives of children in Lenawee County. We are working to build a comprehensive system of support services for children ages 0-5 and their families. For more information, please check out our website at: www.lenaweegreatstart.org Thank you for helping us grow great kids in Lenawee County!
The members of the Lenawee Great Start Collaborative & Parent Network