Did you know there are several FREE playgroups in Lenawee County where you can take your child (ages birth to 5 years)? Playgroups are a great way to support your child's physical, social and emotional development, and a great way for parents and caregivers to connect with other adults! Lenawes's CHILD (Communities Helping to Increase Learning & Development) playgroups are available in Tecumseh, Adrian, Madison, Britton, and Onsted schools. They use a format called "Parents as Teachers" (emphasizing that parents are their child's first and best teachers) and offer:
- research-based information on how children grow and develop
- types of activities and toys that will foster learning and nurture development
- methods of positive discipline and new techniques for problem solving
- realistic expectations of child behavior
- attitudes that will raise children’s self-esteem
Each playgroup location offers a variety of parent and child activity centers, including fine and gross motor, housekeeping, books, art, blocks and sensory play. Many playgroups end with a circle time and singing songs.
Here is the 2015-2016 schedule of Playgroups: