Getting Ready For School
- Begin early: Talk with your child about going to school.
- Stay positive: It's normal for families to feel some anxiety but try to stay positive when you talk with your child.
- Take a tour: Most schools are happy to have a child come for a short visit. Take a virtual tour of Lenawee schools, courtesy of OneLenawee.org.
- Check the dates: Find out when Kindergarten Registration will be in your school district.
Take a look at the Easing Into Kindergarten: Build Your Child's Skill Set Before Kindergarten brochure, courtesy of Alexander Elementary, Adrian Public Schools
2017 KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP DATES
All parents are to bring their child’s: Certified birth certificate (raised seal), record of immunizations, and Proof of residency (a bill/invoice indicating you live at your residence). Students need to be 5 on September 1st. Call your school if you have questions about this date, it could vary.
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Addison Community Schools Auditorium
Contact: John Williams
April 18 • Lincoln Elementary
April 19 • Michener Elementary
April 25 • Prairie Elementary
April 26 • Alexander Elementary
Contact: Angie Schaffer
8:30-10:00 a.m. and 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Blissfield Elementary School
Contact: Michael Valasek
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (by appointment)
Contact: Karen Scholl
517-451-4581 Ext. 109
Kindergarten Packets can be picked up in the office.
March 25 at 8:30 -10:30 a.m.
Elementary School Gymnasium
Vision, Hearing and Assessments April 25 & 26 8-3 p.m.
Contact: Karen Wood
April 12: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (By Appointment Only)
April 13: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (By Appointment Only)
Lincoln Elementary School
Cindy Godfrey 517-448-8912 Ext. 248
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Madison Elementary Gymnasium
Contact: Abby Miller
517-263-0741 Ext. 145
April 12, 12 - 7 p.m.
April 13, 8:15 - 2 p.m.
Contact: Jennifer Pummell
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Contact: Marsha Davis
Saturday, March 18
Sutton Elementary School
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Contact: Teri Hoeft 517-424-7318
Registering For School
Children must be 5 years old before September 1st to start school that fall. Register in your local district and bring the following information:
- Certified Birth certificate (must have official stamp on it)
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Proof of residency - utility bill, copy of lease agreement or mortgage documents (driver's license is not accepted)
Vision and Hearing Screenings
Michigan law requires children have a vision and hearing screening before starting Kindergarten. Many of the Kindergarten Registration programs will provide these. You can also make arrangements directly with the Health Dept. at 517.264.5226.
Essential Kindergarten Skills