Getting Ready For School
- Begin early: Talk with your child about going to school.
- Stay positive: It's normal for families to feel some anxiety but try to stay positive when you talk with your child.
- Take a tour: Most schools are happy to have a child come for a short visit. Take a virtual tour of Lenawee schools, courtesy of OneLenawee.org.
- Check the dates: Find out when Kindergarten Registration will be in your school district.
Take a look at the Easing Into Kindergarten: Build Your Child's Skill Set Before Kindergarten brochure, courtesy of Alexander Elementary, Adrian Public Schools
Kindergarten Registration/Round Ups for 2013
Please bring Birth Certificate, Immunization Record and Proof of Residency (i.e., utility bill)
Addison Community Schools: April 18 from 9am-10:30am at the Addison Community Schools Auditorium. Please bring your child.
Adrian Public Schools: At the individual elementary schools
-Alexander: April 23 from 5:30pm-7:00pm
-Prairie: April 25 from 5:30pm-7:00pm
-Lincoln: April 30 from 5:30pm-7:00pm
-Michener: May 1 from 5:30pm-7:00pm
Blissfield Community Schools: Blissfield Elementary School, March 12 from 8:30am to 10:30pm and 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
Britton/Deerfield Area Schools:
-Britton - March 22 from 8am-2:30pm
-Deerfield- March 20 from 8am-2:30pm
Clinton Community Schools: Clinton Elementary, March 23 at 10am-11:30am in the Elementary Gym.
Hudson Area School: Lincoln Elementary, April 10, 10am-7:00pm and April 11, 7am to 2:00pm.
Call for appointment at 517.448.8912 ext. 248.
Madison School District: Madison Elementary School, April 18 at 6pm.
Morenci Area Schools: Morenci Elementary School, April 23 and April 24 by appointment from 8am-2:45pm in the Elementary Library Lobby. Call 517-458-7504.
Onsted Community Schools: Onsted Elementary Schools, April 20, 10am-12pm.
Sand Creek Community Schools: Ruth McGregor Elementary School, April 25th at 10am and 6pm.
Tecumseh Public Schools: March 23 from 9am-1pm at Sutton Elementary (for all Tecumseh School District Elementary Schools).
Registering For School
In the 2013-2014 school year, children must be 5 years old before November 1st to start school in the fall. Register in your local district and bring the following information:
- Certified Birth certificate (must have official stamp on it)
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Proof of residency - utility bill, copy of lease agreement or mortgage documents (driver's license is not accepted)
Lenawee County Kindergarten Registration Packet available here
> Lenawee Co. Kindergarten Reg. Packet
Vision and Hearing Screenings
Michigan law requires children have a vision and hearing screening before starting Kindergarten. Many of the Kindergarten Registration programs will provide these. You can also make arrangements directly with the Health Dept. at 517.264.5226.
Essential Kindergarten Skills
View our monthly newsletter--Click the newsletter to open a new window and read. Come back each month for new content