Lenawee Great Start is pleased to welcome back the FREE Early Childhood Education Series. This school year we are excited to partner with Cary Zavala, a licensed professional counselor, a skilled parenting educator, and a play therapist who specializes in serving young children (ages 0-8) and their parents/caregivers. Cary will be providing helpful information and practical tips on several key early childhood issues.
- September 23: ‘Practical Tips for Parents of Young Children with Challenging Behavior’
- October 23: ‘At the End of Your Rope? Emotional Regulation to the Rescue’
- November 20: ‘Build a Skill: Teaching Your Child How to Deal with Mad Feelings’
- February 26: ‘Find Your Peaceful Place: Peaceful Piggy Meditates’
- March 26: ‘I Think I Can, I Think I Can, I Think I Can: How to Develop Can-Do Thinking in Your Child’
- April 30: ‘Make New Friends but Keep the Old: Developing Friendship Skills in Your Child’
All sessions are held at the Porter Center at 2946 Sutton Road in Adrian from 5:30–7:00 p.m. Childcare and dinner are both provided if you register one week in advance by calling 517-266-4821 or going online to our Parent Network Event Registration webpage at www.lenaweegreatstart.org/parent-network/register-events.
Registration for this FREE series is limited to the first 15 parents. We encourage you to tell your friends, neighbors & relatives about this great opportunity (just be sure to sign up for the sessions you want first!).
Come to one or all sessions and learn some great tips you can begin using right away with your family. You are not alone in your parenting journey—find support and help support others so together we can raise great kids in Lenawee County!
Suzi West works as a Great Start Parent Liaison, has lived in Adrian for six years and has an early childhood degree from CMU. She has three children (ages 8, 6, & 4) and is passionate about supporting our youngest learners to be successful in school.by